2.12.2010



The Elephant and Butter has become a bit like this guy, only without the tree. What I'd give for a tree like that right now! But really, it's just me and this guy -- Eadweard Muybridge. And lots of books. And books about books. And then books about those.

Speaking of, I was in a library the other day browsing through a cookbook on Africa (yeah, the whole continent), and I found a photograph of the exact saucepan I inherited from my grandmother when she died. Battered aluminum and all. I shouldn't even be using that metal, I know. But I do.

Someday I'll post some photos of a Yemeni-Israeli chef's mise en place.

Also, remember I broke my camera? Well, I bought a similar one online for the parts and somehow managed to replace the destroyed film speed and rewind knobs on the original camera without error. Buying a machine for its parts confirms, I suppose, that I am my father's son.

What is this, a diary?

1 comentario:

Seth dijo...

A glorious diary.