1.25.2010

Some particularly obstreperous radishes found their way into our fridge recently. I love those little red roundies, but sometimes they get out of hand and get too peppery for raw consumption. When that happens, you just have to turn on the oven and douse them in olive oil and herbs. Or Aleppo Pepper, like I just did. It may seem strange to counter over-peppery radishes with more pepper, but don't worry about it -- baking gets rid of the bad pepper and you add some good pepper. I guarantee the bad-for-good exchange will result in your benefit. Aleppo Pepper isn't easy to find unless you're near Syria, but I highly recommend it (order online here). Lezoule gave some to me during the holidays and I'm putting it on everything. Aleppo Pepper distinguishes itself from most other peppers by being sun dried, which results in a sweet, oily, and somewhat smoky character. Almost like Burt Reynolds.


No hay comentarios.: