10.05.2009



Lately, I have been eating a shit ton of pumpkin seeds. In my food/health cosmology, pumpkin seeds are going to expel all bad things residing in my quintessence, and will lead to a golden age of physical prowess. It's going to be pretty awesome. I'm mainly focused on pepitas, the hulled version of the seed -- the green mantle of power. Imagine my delight, then, upon finding a recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds in a Portuguese cookbook. The coincidence was amazing: my great-grandmother was full-bore Portuguese. Not to mention: I possess the remarkable talent of being able to locate Portugal on a world map, globe, or world map placemat.

Here's my version of the recipe:
  1. Whisk one egg-white, some pimentón dulce (sweet paprika), some curry powder, some olive oil. Add pepitas. Bake at 425F until toasty. The pepitas will become distended and will pop. Remove from oven and salt them vigorously, insanely, like Jerry Lee Lewis.
Look at that: only ONE step.

2 comentarios:

Lesley Yalen dijo...

step #2: eat the sunflower seeds.

sari_europe dijo...

the country we live in lives next to portugal and that makes us basically, like, your cousin.