12.05.2008















Who here among us does not revel in the tactile comfort of a fine book? Recently, the Elephant and Butter stopped by Kitchen Arts and Letters, and saw some great ones. This bookstore is so advanced in its interests that it separates vegetarian books from vegetable books. Two distinct sections! Upon entering the door I noticed a pile of Franco La Cecla's "Pasta and Pizza" from Prickly Paradigm Press, which I recently read. It's a tiny book, but a real looker. Lately I've had a fascination with these sorts of small, well-tended objects. Like this one, and this one. Paper should have a good nap and tooth. You should want to rub your face on it, maybe even lick it. I predict this will happen en masse soon. I predict people will start taking the production values of their books as seriously as that of their vegetables. People will read their vegetables and lick their books, and it will be good.


2 comentarios:

Seth dijo...

i'm already licking everything in my office just thinking about it.

Lesley Yalen dijo...

who here among us? that is the age-old question.

i look forward to checking the elephant and butter for updates from my temporary post up north.

con tofu,
your reader