10.27.2008

It is an immutable and irrefutable fact that the Elephant and Butter eats more jalapeños than you do. For example, every morning in my cream cheese. For example, in a cumin-lime-jalapeño salad dressing I made the other night. The evidence flabbergasts, gentle reader. As the great Sam Cooke once sang, don't fight it, just feel it.

2 comentarios:

Jimena dijo...

since I don't think we have jalapeños here, I'm wondering whether they are the same as out ají... if they are, well, there is a chance I might be eating more of them than you do. If they are not, they the Elephant and Butter probably does eat more jalapeños than me.

B.B. dijo...

It was only a matter of time, I suppose, before someone challenged my startling and lofty claim. But after some research, it looks like I am technically still eating more jalapeños than you, Jimena. The ají, apparently, is a separate chile entirely. That said, I notice that on the Scoville scale of hotness the ají (30,000-50,000) beats out the jalapeño (2,500-8,000), so while I eat more jalapeños, you are clearly the most bad-ass of the two of us. Therefore, I salut you!